Cannabis, or “marihuana” as it is referred to in the Controlled Substances Act (CSA), has been federally illegal in the United States since 1937. Yesterday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) announced that he will make legislation ending the federal prohibition of cannabis a top priority. In the recent press conference, Senator Schumer introduced a draft of the Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act (the “CAOA”), which would lift the federal prohibition on cannabis and, critically, allow state-compliant cannabis businesses to have access to ...
After months and months of controversy around how Illinois managed the scoring and award of the first round of adult-use recreational cannabis retail licenses, Governor J.B. Pritzker has signed a new bill that not only expands the number of licenses to be awarded, but shakes up and expedites how the licenses will be issued. The new legislation expands the number of adult use cannabis retail licenses in Illinois from the originally allotted seventy-five, to one hundred and seventy-five. This bill (HB1443) is a critical step forward in what has been a tumultuous roll out of the state’s ...
Welcome to the Cannabis Business Legal News blog where attorneys from Amundsen Davis blog about all things cannabis business and legal news related.
- Historic Cannabis Rescheduling on the Horizon? It's Up to the DEA Now
- FDA Issues First Ever Guidance for Research of Psychedelics
- Movement on the SAFE Banking Act? The Senate is Talking the Talk, but Not Ready to Walk the Walk
- The Federal Government & CBD – What the FDA is Happening?
- Illinois Lawmaker Introduces Legislation to Legalize Psychedelic Therapy Programs
- Illinois Set to Roll out New Cannabis Retail License Applications and Lottery in Early 2023
- Could a Small Town in Pennsylvania Force Congress to Deschedule Cannabis?
- No April Fool’s Joke: The MORE Act was Just Passed by the House
- Significant Increase in Production of Cannabis and Psychedelics for Research Proposed by the DEA for 2022 – What You Need to Know Now
- Protecting Your Cannabis Business from the Trappings of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- August 2023
- May 2023
- January 2023
- November 2022
- April 2022
- October 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- May 2021
- December 2020
- April 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- July 2016