While the official tally is not yet in, it became clear late Tuesday night that Missouri voters have chosen to legalize medical marijuana in their state.
Missouri citizens voted to adopt Amendment 2, or the New Approach Missouri Amendment. Amendment 3 (the Bradshaw Amendment) and Proposition C (the Missouri Patient Care Act) failed to garner enough votes to pass. It would not be surprising, though, if this is not the last we hear from the backers of Amendment 3 and Proposition C. A great deal of money and effort went into promoting the three competing ballot initiatives, and the backers of ...
Last night, J.B. Pritzker, the Democratic candidate for Illinois Governor defeated incumbent Republican Bruce Rauner at the polls. Pritzker will be sworn in as governor on January 9, 2019. One of many issues on which the two candidates were divided was the legalization of recreational adult use cannabis in Illinois. Governor Rauner was a staunch opponent to the legalization of recreational cannabis. He was also seen as the driving force behind keeping Illinois’ Medical Cannabis Pilot Program, which was largely put in place by former Governor Pat Quinn’s administration, one of ...
Welcome to the Cannabis Business Legal News blog where attorneys from Amundsen Davis blog about all things cannabis business and legal news related.
- Historic Cannabis Rescheduling on the Horizon? It's Up to the DEA Now
- FDA Issues First Ever Guidance for Research of Psychedelics
- Movement on the SAFE Banking Act? The Senate is Talking the Talk, but Not Ready to Walk the Walk
- The Federal Government & CBD – What the FDA is Happening?
- Illinois Lawmaker Introduces Legislation to Legalize Psychedelic Therapy Programs
- Illinois Set to Roll out New Cannabis Retail License Applications and Lottery in Early 2023
- Could a Small Town in Pennsylvania Force Congress to Deschedule Cannabis?
- No April Fool’s Joke: The MORE Act was Just Passed by the House
- Significant Increase in Production of Cannabis and Psychedelics for Research Proposed by the DEA for 2022 – What You Need to Know Now
- Protecting Your Cannabis Business from the Trappings of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- August 2023
- May 2023
- January 2023
- November 2022
- April 2022
- October 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- May 2021
- December 2020
- April 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- July 2016