Mark is a dedicated litigator who has more than 26 years of experience in the courtroom. He has successfully tried cases to verdict in Wisconsin and Illinois. He explores all possible options for the resolution of a client’s legal matter until that matter is solved. As an attorney with an insurance claims background, Mark has a unique understanding of the responsibilities of insurance executives, risk managers, and representatives, and he works hard to ensure that each litigation plan is carefully built and faithfully executed. Mark often counsels corporate clients on matters of risk assessment, risk management, and litigation strategies.
Mark handles matters related to construction defects, professional liability, products liability, premises liability and employment law. He also handles matters involving general torts, contracts and corporate related disputes. In the past, he has handled large cases, including death cases, multi-million dollar personal injury cases, and large loss fire cases.
In addition to being an experienced litigator, Mark is a trained arbitrator and presides over arbitrations for the 19th Judicial Circuit Court in Lake Country, Illinois and for private litigants. He serves as faculty for the trial academies at Amundsen Davis and the Illinois Defense Trial Counsel (IDC), teaching young lawyers their way around the courtroom.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Professional Liability Section; Defense Research Institute; Wisconsin Bar Association; Illinois State Bar Association; American Bar Association; Lake County Bar Association; Milwaukee County Bar Association
- Certified Arbitrator and Frequent Chair for the 19th Judicial Circuit arbitration system
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Litigation - Insurance: 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
Resources & Insights
- 41 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202241 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2022
Inclusion in this listing is entirely based on peer review and demonstrates that attorneys in each nominee’s respective fields hold these attorneys in high esteem.
- 49 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202349 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023
Congratulate to our 49 attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023!