Matt became interested in litigation while studying business management and entrepreneurship in college. He understands how legal issues can affect a company’s bottom line. Matt listens to his clients’ wishes and expectations, and then takes it upon himself to exceed them.
As a member of the firm’s Transportation and Logistics Service Group, Matt represents motor carriers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors and insurers in all aspects of civil litigation, from contract disputes to tort defense.
Membership & Involvement
Member: Illinois State Bar Association; Chicago Bar Association
Resources & Insights
- The Collateral Order Doctrine in Disorder: Redefining FinalityChicago-Kent Law Review; Volume 92, Issue 2,
- Happy Public Domain Day!Happy Public Domain Day!
Public Domain Day is one of the lesser known winter holidays celebrated by the elite few – artists of all sorts and copyright attorneys. We either mourn the passing of works into the public domain after decades of keeping them safe and warm or hail the expiration of long-held copyrights in anticipation of new, insightful, adaptive, and creative uses of these works and characters.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Hold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In EffectHold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In Effect
Keep up to date with both the federal TCPA requirements and several state-level statutes!
- Illinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared UnconstitutionalIllinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared Unconstitutional
On May 27, 2022, Judge Marcia Maras in the Circuit Court of Cook County issued a memorandum, holding Illinois’s recently enacted prejudgment interest statute unconstitutional, and holding that the legislation violated both the right of trial by jury and the prohibition against special legislation.
Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2016, cum laude
DePaul University, B.S., 2008