Cases can be decided on the smallest of details. Mike prides himself on knowing the fine details of every case and how they fit in the big picture. Whether he is in a court hearing or on the phone with a client, Mike is always prepared to discuss the issues big or small.
As a member of the firm's Transportation & Logistics Service Group, Mike represents clients from their initial claim investigation through a case’s final resolution against allegations of negligence, statutory and regulatory violations, and related contractual and insurance issues. He has represented clients of all sizes from a wide variety of industries, including transportation companies, construction contractors, retailers, and product manufacturers.
Mike’s first introduction to the legal profession came through the Youth & Government Judicial Program when he was in high school. He had the opportunity to participate in a moot court argument in the courtroom of the Illinois Supreme Court. Today Mike is a member of the Illinois YMCA Youth & Government Judicial Program. As a volunteer, he instructs students on trial practice, appeals, how to read cases and how to make an appellate argument.
Membership & Involvement
Member: Illinois State Bar Association
Volunteer: Illinois YMCA Youth & Government Judicial Program
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2022, 2023
Resources & Insights
- Labor & Employment Law Update,
- Firm News, Amundsen Davis,
- Illinois Supreme Court Rejects Long Standing Rule and Now Allows Claims for Direct Negligent Actions Against Employers When Agency is AdmittedIllinois Supreme Court Rejects Long Standing Rule and Now Allows Claims for Direct Negligent Actions Against Employers When Agency is Admitted
In an opinion handed down on April 21, 2022, the Illinois Supreme Court reversed Illinois law and now allows direct and vicarious liability actions against employers.
- 30 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2022 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists30 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2022 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
Congratulations to all of our attorneys named to the 2022 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2022 Illinois Rising Stars lists!
- Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListAmundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
Amundsen Davis is pleased to announce the inclusion of 24 attorneys on the 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers® and 2022 Illinois Rising StarsSM lists!
Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2014, magna cum laude
Northern Illinois University, B.A., 2011, cum laude