When it comes to litigation, you can’t always see what’s around the corner. Patrick’s ability to adapt quickly to changing situations is one of the many reasons clients find him to be an invaluable business partner and an integral member of their team. He helps navigate the dynamic litigation process while encouraging a practical and objective perspective on the facts of each case.
Patrick has extensive litigation experience having first-chaired more than 40 jury trials and numerous bench trials. He has successfully tried cases involving misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, breach of contract, shareholder breach of fiduciary duty, shareholder derivative claims, professional liability, post-employment restrictive covenant agreements, and malfeasance in the administration of a $63MM estate. His professional liability experience includes representing individuals facing malpractice claims in the accounting, legal and medical fields. He represents clients in various industries, including financial, telecommunications, construction, manufacturing, and health care. Recognizing some clients prefer to avoid the uncertainty of trial, Patrick also guides clients through arbitration and mediation as alternative methods of dispute resolution.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Indiana Bar Association; Indianapolis Bar Association; Hancock Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Commercial Litigation: 2024
Resources & Insights
- SmithAmundsen Welcomes Commercial Litigator Patrick F. Mastrian to the Indianapolis OfficeSmithAmundsen Welcomes Commercial Litigator Patrick F. Mastrian to the Indianapolis Office
We are pleases to welcome Patrick F. Mastrian III as a new partner in our Indianapolis office.
- 106 Amundsen Davis Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America106 Amundsen Davis Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America
We are extremely excited to congratulate 106 of our attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America.