Katie’s extensive experience and calm demeanor allow her to navigate the most difficult transactions, always with her clients’ goals in mind. Katie focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate, and general corporate work.
In her M&A practice, Katie represents both buyers and sellers who are considering or engaging in the process of transitioning their company. She advises clients with respect to letters of intent, CDAs/NDAs, due diligence, definitive purchase agreements (stock or asset transactions), purchase price allocations, warranties and representations, indemnification (baskets, caps, etc.) and other challenging topics, including family dynamics.
Beyond M&A, Katie serves as a trusted adviser to her clients. She provides sophisticated yet understandable advice in all areas of real estate and business law, including contracts, financing, franchising, leasing, easements, and all commercial real estate matters. Finally, Katie also a passion for working with charitable organizations. Katie is able to simplify the process of working with the Internal Revenue Service and the state, helping organizations obtain the desirable 501(c)(3) status in order to serve the greater community.
Resources & Insights
- Publication, The Business News,
- Happy Public Domain Day!Happy Public Domain Day!
Public Domain Day is one of the lesser known winter holidays celebrated by the elite few – artists of all sorts and copyright attorneys. We either mourn the passing of works into the public domain after decades of keeping them safe and warm or hail the expiration of long-held copyrights in anticipation of new, insightful, adaptive, and creative uses of these works and characters.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Keeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following DobbsKeeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following Dobbs
Learn the new guidance post-Dobbs for patient’s health information concerning abortion and other sexual and reproductive health services.
- Hold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In EffectHold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In Effect
Keep up to date with both the federal TCPA requirements and several state-level statutes!
University of Wisconsin – Madison, J.D.
St. Norbert College, B.A., with honors