Tom has a way of making every client feel like his only client. For almost 40 years he’s focused his practice on commercial law, representing lenders and creditors in the extension and collection of credit and credit facilities, covering many types of financing structures. His experience includes loan documentation for many Wisconsin based and nationwide commercial lenders, general corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and general contract drafting and review, and workouts, collections and bankruptcy issues. He is also experienced in business litigation, insurance related litigation and coverage matters.
Tom works closely with his lender clients in the negotiation and drafting of loan documents, to ensure the credit is accurately stated and properly secured. He also has extensive experience in the enforcement of loan documents, as well as other commercial contracts. Tom also routinely represents businesses and municipal entities in reviewing, drafting and interpreting a wide variety of contracts involving many subjects.
Prior to law school Tom studied languages, which helps to make him the legal writer he is today. His clients appreciate his ability to clearly communicate complex legal matters.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Wisconsin State Bar Association; Brown County Bar Association
- Greater Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce Good Government Council: Member; Former Chairman
- President: Honorable Robert J. Parins Inn of Court
- Board of Directors: Green Bay Community Theatre
- Meyer Theatre: Board Member, Vice President, Member of Executive Committee, Member of Building Committee
- Former Member: Good Government Council, the Hon. Robert J. Parins Inn of Court
- Former Board Member: Green Bay Community Theatre; Literacy Green Bay
- Volunteer: Junior Achievement
- Volunteer: Judge of District Mock Trial Competitions
- Literacy Green Bay: Board Member; Member of Special Events Committee
Resources & Insights
- Event, Webcast,
- Event, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Holiday Inn-Manitowoc; Manitowoc, WI,
- Event, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Ransomware and Other Cyber-Related IssuesRansomware and Other Cyber-Related Issues
All companies have data that threat actors find attractive. No entity can think they are immune to a cyber attack.
- California Court Opens the Litigation Floodgate Re: COVID-19 Exposure in the WorkplaceCalifornia Court Opens the Litigation Floodgate Re: COVID-19 Exposure in the Workplace
In See’s Candies v. Ek, a California Appellate Court ruled that the plaintiff’s claims against her employer for negligence were not preempted by the exclusivity provisions of the California Workers’ Compensation Act; thus, exposing the employer to potentially unprecedented civil liability.
- The ABCIL Training Trust: A No Brainer for ParticipationThe ABCIL Training Trust: A No Brainer for Participation
Kelly Haab-Tallitsch presents to HR managers, company owners, senior company officers and management staff on how to create a safe, well-trained workforce.
University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
University of Wisconsin, M.A.
University of Wisconsin, B.A.