Tom has a way of making every client feel like his only client. For almost 40 years he’s focused his practice on commercial law, representing lenders and creditors in the extension and collection of credit and credit facilities, covering many types of financing structures. His experience includes loan documentation for many Wisconsin based and nationwide commercial lenders, general corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and general contract drafting and review, and workouts, collections and bankruptcy issues. He is also experienced in business litigation, insurance related litigation and coverage matters.
Tom works closely with his lender clients in the negotiation and drafting of loan documents, to ensure the credit is accurately stated and properly secured. He also has extensive experience in the enforcement of loan documents, as well as other commercial contracts. Tom also routinely represents businesses and municipal entities in reviewing, drafting and interpreting a wide variety of contracts involving many subjects.
Prior to law school Tom studied languages, which helps to make him the legal writer he is today. His clients appreciate his ability to clearly communicate complex legal matters.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Wisconsin State Bar Association; Brown County Bar Association
- Greater Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce Good Government Council: Member; Former Chairman
- President: Honorable Robert J. Parins Inn of Court
- Board of Directors: Green Bay Community Theatre
- Meyer Theatre: Board Member, Vice President, Member of Executive Committee, Member of Building Committee
- Former Member: Good Government Council, the Hon. Robert J. Parins Inn of Court
- Former Board Member: Green Bay Community Theatre; Literacy Green Bay
- Volunteer: Junior Achievement
- Volunteer: Judge of District Mock Trial Competitions
- Literacy Green Bay: Board Member; Member of Special Events Committee
Resources & Insights
- Event, Webcast,
- Event, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Holiday Inn-Manitowoc; Manitowoc, WI,
- Event, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- Happy Public Domain Day!Happy Public Domain Day!
Public Domain Day is one of the lesser known winter holidays celebrated by the elite few – artists of all sorts and copyright attorneys. We either mourn the passing of works into the public domain after decades of keeping them safe and warm or hail the expiration of long-held copyrights in anticipation of new, insightful, adaptive, and creative uses of these works and characters.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Keeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following DobbsKeeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following Dobbs
Learn the new guidance post-Dobbs for patient’s health information concerning abortion and other sexual and reproductive health services.
- Hold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In EffectHold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In Effect
Keep up to date with both the federal TCPA requirements and several state-level statutes!
University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
University of Wisconsin, M.A.
University of Wisconsin, B.A.