Matt has a knack for creating cohesive and compelling narratives. It serves him well as a litigator. For him, it’s not just about knowing the law, it’s about understanding a client’s business and the particular facts and circumstances that make or break a case. Matt helps his clients understand how the law interacts with their business.
As a member of the firm’s Business Litigation Service Group, Matt represents clients in all aspects of litigation, including commercial contracts, construction disputes, real property claims, and intellectual property matters. His primary client base includes small to mid-size businesses, construction companies, and municipalities. He also works with individuals who have contract, construction and high-fee disputes.
As co-managing partner of the firm’s Milwaukee and Brookfield offices, Matt oversees a team of attorneys and staff with the goal of delivering exceptional client service. Outside the office, you can find him coaching little league baseball and youth basketball.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Milwaukee Bar Association; Defense Research Institute; Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin; American Bar Association; Wisconsin Fellows; Barrister's
- State Bar of Wisconsin: past chair of the Section Leaders Council; past chair for the Construction, and Public Contracting Section Board; past member of the Diversity Task Force; past member Paralegal Task Force
- Parish Committee Member: St. John Vianney Church
- Youth Sports Coach: Elmbrook Little League Baseball; Brookfield Parks & Recreation Basketball
- Best Lawyers® in America - Construction Law, Litigation-Construction: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Best Lawyers® in America - Milwaukee, Construction Law "Lawyer of the Year": 2018
- Selected to Wisconsin Super Lawyers list - Business Litigation: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- M Magazine, Leading Lawyers: 2014
Resources & Insights
- Speaking Engagement, The Osthoff Resort; Elkhart Lake, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Glacier Canyon Lodge at the Wilderness; Wisconsin Dells, WI,
- Firm News, Amundsen Davis,
- Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListAmundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
Amundsen Davis is pleased to announce the inclusion of 22 attorneys on the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® and 2022 Wisconsin Rising Stars lists.
Marquette University Law School, J.D., cum laude
Boston College, B.A.