- Posts by Joseph E. Tierney IVPartner
Joe is a fourth generation lawyer. His family has a long tradition of practicing law ranging from service in the district attorney's office and in the JAG Corps, to representing tax, corporate, and real estate clients at all levels in ...
On January 1, 2023, Wisconsin’s new limited liability company (LLC) law goes into effect. The Wisconsin Uniform Limited Liability Company Law (WULLCL), created by 2021 Wis. Act 258 and signed by Governor Tony Evers on April 15, 2022, completely repeals and replaces Wisconsin’s existing LLC laws in Chapter 183 of the Wisconsin Statutes (the “Old Laws”). The WULLCL—the new Chapter 183 of the Wisconsin Statutes—represents Wisconsin’s take on the Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act, which has been adopted in some form by nearly half of all states. With less ...
Welcome to the Amundsen Davis Corporate Legal Update where our attorneys blog about insights on corporate governance, securities regulations, M&A news and more.
- Enhancing Transparency in Real Estate: FinCEN's New Reporting Requirements for Non-Financed Transfers
- Pros and Cons of Online Templates and Examples
- What the Corporate Transparency Act Means for Financial Institutions
- FinCEN to Extend Initial Reporting Deadline for the Corporate Transparency Act
- Wisconsin Personal Property Tax Repealed: What it Means for Business Owners
- Is Nothing Sacred? Cyberattacks May Impact Director and Officer Fiduciary Duties
- What the Show Succession Teaches Us About Planning for a Family Business
- Five Tips for Business Owners When Selling
- Federal Antitrust Agencies Propose New Guidelines for Review of M&A Transactions
- U.S. Supreme Court Opens Door for Companies to Face Lawsuits in Any State They Are Registered to Do Business