Top developers, businesses and property owners have long turned to Brian for guidance when navigating the local government process. Whether he is assisting businesses with municipal licensing, zoning issues, or navigating local laws, Brian’s approach to representing clients is relationship driven and politically minded.
As a member of the firm’s Real Estate, Zoning & Public Finance Service Group, Brian represents commercial, industrial and residential developments. His experience includes zoning, entitlement, permitting, occupancy, variances, historic preservation and Tax Increment Finance work for owners, developers and end users.
Representing businesses and individuals subject to municipal licensing, Brian works with food and beverage clients and other license holders on applications, license renewals, quasi-judicial hearings, and regulatory compliance. He guides clients through statutory and ordinance issues including strategies to address alcohol quota and other restrictive license regulations.
Brian works with clients affected by municipal ordinances and regulations, and manages lobbying and legislative matters where proposed ordinance changes and new regulations will affect clients. He registers as a local lobbyist if needed.
Brian’s government law experience includes advising clients submitting bids for local government contracts and concessions. He also handles campaign finance and election law issues for groups and candidates. Local government and political issues are ever changing and always challenging. Whether Brian as successfully encountered your issue or navigated a similar process, his advice and guidance is always with his client's success and best interests at the forefront.
Membership & Involvement
Member: Innovating Commerce Serving Communities f/k/a International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC); Commercial Association of REALTORS Wisconsin CARW); FaB Wisconsin; Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Wisconsin Chapter (NAIOP); Tavern League of Wisconsin; Wisconsin Electronic Security Association; Wisconsin Restaurant Association; Marquette University Law School National Sports Law Institute Sports Law Alumni Association
Wauwatosa Board of Zoning Appeals: Member 2005-2020; Chair, 2011-2018
Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce: Board of Directors, 2010 – 2020; Chair, Government & Community Relations Committee, 2010 - 2018
Wisconsin Alumni Association – Milwaukee Chapter: Board of Directors, 2001 – present; President, 2006-2007, 2014-2015
- 2019 Power Broker, Milwaukee Business Journal
- Selected to the Wisconsin Super Lawyers list: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Litigation - Land Use and Zoning: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Land Use and Zoning Law: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Food and Beverage Law: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Municipal Law: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Government Relations Practice: 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
- Selected to Best Lawyers® in Land Use and Zoning Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Milwaukee: 2021, 2024
- Selected to Best Lawyers® in Litigation – Land Use and Zoning Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Milwaukee: 2023
- Selected to the Wisconsin Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014
- Best Lawyers® in America - Milwaukee, Litigation - Land Use and Zoning "Lawyer of the Year": 2014
- 40 Under 40 Award, Milwaukee Business Journal: 2013
- Legal Leaders Top Rated Wisconsin Lawyer - Government Law, Real Estate Law and General Practice: 2013
Resources & Insights
In the Media
- Media Mention,
- Attorney Brian Randall Quoted in Milwaukee Business Journal Article Regarding Client’s Withdrawal of Plan for Apartment Tower in WauwatosaMedia Mention,
- Attorney Brian Randall Quoted in Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Article After His Client Withdrew an Application ArticleMedia Mention,
- Attorney Brian Randall Quoted in the Milwaukee Business Journal Regarding a Lock Company’s Plans to Expand Their Manufacturing CampusMedia Mention,
- Attorney Brian Randall Quoted in the Milwaukee Business Journal Concerning the Current State of Development Projects in the Downtown Area Ahead of the 2020 Democratic National ConventionMedia Mention,
- Attorney Brian Randall Quoted in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Addressing Concerns of a Proposed New RestaurantMedia Mention,
- Event, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, BizTimes Media, Webcast,
- Event, Milwaukee Business Journal’s Downtown CEO Roundtable, Seminar; Milwaukee, WI,
- Speaking Engagement,
- Event, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, State Bar Center; Madison, WI,
- Event, Commercial Realtors Association – Wisconsin (CARW),
- Event, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- 105 Amundsen Davis Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America105 Amundsen Davis Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America
We are extremely excited to congratulate 105 of our attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America.
- Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListAmundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
Amundsen Davis is pleased to announce the inclusion of 21 attorneys on the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® and 2022 Wisconsin Rising Stars lists.
- Real Estate Attorney Brian Randall Representing FPC Live Cited on Bucks Proposed RoadReal Estate Attorney Brian Randall Representing FPC Live Cited on Bucks Proposed Road
Read Brian Randall's comments regarding the proposal to build a new street through the Bradley Center site in Urban Milwaukee!
Marquette University Law School, J.D., 1999
University of Wisconsin, B.A, 1996