For more than 30 years Jennifer has worked closely with clients to find creative and practical solutions to employment issues. She is devoted to her clients, loves to learn about their businesses and is respectful of their needs and goals. She always tries to work as part of a client’s team.
As a member of the firm’s Labor, Employment, Benefits & Immigration Service Group, Jennifer counsels employers on litigation and employment related matters, including discrimination, harassment, and wage and hour issues and disputes, the Family Medical Leave Act, disability accommodation matters, whistleblowing, restrictive covenant, trade secret and defamation claims. Jennifer assists employers in drafting employee handbooks and policies tailored carefully to their business needs, and works closely with clients to draft business protection agreements as well as employment and severance agreements. She is committed to looking at the big picture with clients and helping them adopt sustainable and practical policies which minimize legal risks.
Jennifer has four grown children who she still enjoys advising, whether welcomed or (usually) not, and in her spare time she enjoys biking and obsessing over her vegetable garden and small dog.
Membership & Involvement
Member: Chicago Bar Association; State Bar of Wisconsin; Illinois State Bar Association
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list: 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
Resources & Insights
In the Media
- Jennifer Murphy Interviewed Regarding Expansion of Equal Pay Requirement to Temporary Workers in IllinoisMedia Mention,
- Jennifer Murphy Quoted by Chicago Lawyer on House Bill 2862Media Mention,
- Speaking Engagement, Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar, Lisle, IL,
- New Temporary Worker Law, Other New Laws to Brace for in 2024, and New Year’s HR ResolutionsSpeaking Engagement, Renaissance Executive Forums, Seminar; Elgin, IL,
- Event, Amundsen Davis, Webcast,
Education on Demand
Amundsen Davis attorneys Jennifer Murphy and Jeff Risch discuss the key components of the Illinois Day and Temporary Labor Services Act and what employers and staffing agencies need to know in order to stay compliant.
- Amundsen Davis Welcomes New Labor, Employment, Benefits & Immigration Attorney Jennifer MurphyAmundsen Davis Welcomes New Labor, Employment, Benefits & Immigration Attorney Jennifer Murphy
We are excited to announce that Jennifer Murphy has joined the firm’s Labor, Employment, Benefits & Immigration Service Group in our St. Charles office.
- 10th Annual New Laws Forum10th Annual New Laws Forum
Join Jeff Risch and Jennifer Murphy as they present at the 10th Annual New Laws Forum.
- New Temporary Worker Law, Other New Laws to Brace for in 2024, and New Year’s HR ResolutionsNew Temporary Worker Law, Other New Laws to Brace for in 2024, and New Year’s HR Resolutions
- Jennifer Murphy Interviewed Regarding Expansion of Equal Pay Requirement to Temporary Workers in IllinoisJennifer Murphy Interviewed Regarding Expansion of Equal Pay Requirement to Temporary Workers in Illinois
Jennifer Murphy was interviewed by Bloomberg Law on the new New Jersey law that has taken effect providing equal pay for temporary workers and imposing specific requirements on the temporary staffing agencies and companies that use their workers.
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Employment Advice & Counsel
- Employment Litigation
- Government Regulation, Audit & Compliance
- Labor, Employment, Benefits & Immigration
- Staffing Agency, Independent Contractor & Contingent Workforce
- Traditional Labor & Union Relations
- Unfair Competition Counseling & Litigation
- Vaccine Mandates in the Workplace
- Wage & Hour
- Workplace Investigations
Marquette University Law School, J.D., cum laude
University of Minnesota, B.A.