Our labor and employment litigation team offers the experience and knowledge necessary to customize legal solutions. Our clients are public and private companies and organizations that range from large national and international corporations, to local and regional businesses, and non-profits across a wide range of industries and sizes.
We partner with employers to provide advice, monitor potential claims and defend litigation on a local, regional and national basis. We establish a candid rapport with our clients, and their executives, general counsels and insurers. We advise clients on the best practices to limit their exposure and place themselves in the best position to defend and win claims before they are even made. If a claim is made, we obtain an early command of the facts and evaluate the case in order to defend the claim effectively and efficiently by providing expedient advice, a practical analysis and, when necessary, a thorough litigation plan.
We know that each case is a business decision and want to make sure you thoroughly understand the process, as well as your options at each stage to make the best decision for your business. We will work with you and guide you through every step of litigating a claim whether it be a charge of discrimination or wage claim, an audit or claim by an administrative agency, or a lawsuit filed in state or federal court.
Our goal is to work with you as your business partners throughout each matter. We understand the impact of litigation and recognize that there is a time and place when aggressive defense is needed and when it may be more beneficial to use our skills in the art of negotiation and dispute resolution. While we are able to evaluate and find creative solutions through negotiations and alternative dispute resolutions, our trial and appellate experience is extensive and we are not afraid of a legal fight.
Our litigation team is skilled in defending clients in all types of labor and employment law claims and cases in state and federal administrative agencies and courts across the country, including the following:
- Complaints, charges of discrimination and unfair labor practice claims filed by employees with the EEOC, NLRB, OSHA, DOL, and numerous state agencies and corresponding claims filed by the agency
- Class action defense
- Retaliatory or wrongful termination and whistleblower claims
- Discrimination, harassment, failure to accommodate and retaliation claims brought under Title VII, the ADA, the ADEA, the EPA, the FMLA and equivalent state statutes
- Negligence, intentional infliction of emotional distress, defamation, and any other state or federal common law, statutory or other claim arising out of or relating to employment
- Non-competition / confidentiality agreement enforcement and defense
- FLSA, wage and hour, unlawful deduction and misclassification claims
- ERISA and employee benefit controversies
- EEOC and commissioner charges and directed investigations
- State human rights and department of labor charges and complaints
- OSHA violations
- Workers’ compensation
- Prevailing Wage/Davis-Bacon defense
- Contractor debarment defense
- False claims defense
- Anti-trust defense related to employee “no-poach” and unfair competition disputes
- Audits and claims by administrative agencies, including state unemployment insurance agencies and departments of labors
- Joint Employer / Employer Liability Defense
- Senior Counsel
- Firm News,
- Firm News,
- Firm News, Amundsen Davis,
- Firm News,
- Speaking Engagement, Green Bay, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, 2022 Wisconsin Lodging Conference & Trade Show, Seminar; Elkhart Lake, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Manufacturing First Expo and Conference; Green Bay, WI,
- Event, Live-stream,
- Speaking Engagement, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Seminar,
- Speaking Engagement, Kalahari Resort; Wisconsin Dells, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Green Bay Chapter SHRM, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, St. Norbert College; De Pere, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Radisson Hotel & Conference Center; Green Bay, WI,
- Employers Beware: Egregious Behavior During Collective Bargaining Can Lead to Paying Attorney’s Fees to the UnionLabor & Employment Law Update,
Education on Demand
Jeff Risch will examine Illinois’ new changes to its ONE DAY REST IN SEVEN LAW. Jeff will share his experience and insight into how the law works with the new changes that took effect January 1, 2023.
NLRB opens door for union for college athletes and employee classification, the changing economic geography of legal markets, lawsuits claim Purdue Pharma’s consulting firm, McKinsey, helped fuel the opioid crisis, and the City of Baltimore Files a first of its kind lawsuit against tobacco companies for cigarette filter waste.
Alec Baldwin faces involuntary manslaughter charge over fatal "Rust" shooting, Supreme Court is unable to ID the leaker in Dobbs decision, FTC Proposes Ban on Employment-Related Non-Compete Agreements (with special guest Jeff Glass)
- Amundsen Davis Promotes Four Attorneys to PartnerAmundsen Davis Promotes Four Attorneys to Partner
Congratulations to Amundsen Davis's four new partners!
- Subscribe to Amundsen Davis's Litigation Nation Podcast for the latest legal updates!Subscribe to Amundsen Davis's Litigation Nation Podcast for the latest legal updates!
Litigation Nation, a brand new Amundsen Davis podcast with co-hosts Jack Sanker & Luke Behnke, is a weekly roundup of the most important and interesting legal developments you missed. New episodes release bi-weekly on Tuesday, summarizing the newsletters you don't have time to read and diving into the headlines to bring you what you need to know.
- Retaliation and Whistleblower Claims in Today's Work EnvironmentRetaliation and Whistleblower Claims in Today's Work Environment
In this tight labor market in the midst of return-to-office issues, retaliation and whistleblower claims under various employment laws are on the rise. Join Tony Steffek of Amundsen Davis' Labor and Employment Team for a discussion of these laws and how you can act, and react, best to protect yourselves and your employers.
- Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListAmundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
Amundsen Davis is pleased to announce the inclusion of 25 attorneys on the 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers® and 2022 Illinois Rising StarsSM lists!