Sherry’s first exposure to laws and government came from watching her grandfather serve as a state senator in Iowa. She witnessed him work tirelessly for his constituents. Today, she strives to serve her clients with the same dedication.
As a member of the firm’s Business Litigation Service Group, Sherry focuses her practice primarily on complex business litigation, with an emphasis on contract disputes, business torts, financial services litigation, real estate foreclosures and work-outs, and tax assessment appeals.
Sherry finds it fascinating that an idea can lead to new businesses and new products. She provides a legal perspective to help clients overcome these pressures that come with these business ventures. She litigates patent, trademark, copyright, unfair competition and trade secret cases in a wide variety of industries including consumer products, food products and software development.
Sherry also represents financial institutions in state and federal court on a variety of commercial lending disputes, including defense of counterclaims raised in response to foreclosure or deficiency actions, and disputes arising from insolvent borrowers, including proceedings in bankruptcy court. In addition, she defends manufacturers in product liability actions involving personal injury, wrongful death and property damage.
Sherry is also fluent in French.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Defense Research Institute (DRI); American Bankruptcy Institute; NEW Manufacturing Alliance, 2012
- State Bar of Wisconsin: Judicial Council, elected representative, 2016 – present; Board of Governors, 2016; Secretary, 2014 – 2016; Finance Committee Chair, State Bar of Wisconsin, 2012-2013, 2019; Young Lawyers Division (YLD) liaison, State Bar of Wisconsin, 2015; Co-Chair, Board of Governors, State Bar of Wisconsin, Challenges Facing New Lawyers Committee
- Secretary: Building for Kids Children’s Museum - Board of Directors, 2018
- President: Phoenix Fund, 2003
- Member: International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWRIC)
- Joyce Bytof Exceptional Mentor Award, Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce : 2019
- Selected to Wisconsin Super Lawyer list: Business Litigation: 2019, 2020, 2021
- Women in the Law, Wisconsin Law Journal: 2018
- Fellow, Wisconsin Law Foundation: 2015
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation: 2016
- Selected to Wisconsin Super Lawyers Rising Star list: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Selected to the Wisconsin Super Lawyers List: 2022
Resources & Insights
- Speaking Engagement, Association of Corporate Counsel’s Annual Conference; Las Vegas, NV,
- Speaking Engagement, TMA Milwaukee Committee, Seminar; Milwaukee, WI,
- Business Insurance: Maximizing Coverage and Mitigating Risks | Tools to Guide Your Purchasers and Your Legal TeamSpeaking Engagement, Association of Corporate Counsel Wisconsin Annual Conference, Seminar; Elkhart Lake, WI,
- Event, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, Appleton, WI,
- Event, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Insight on Business Magazine; Green Bay, WI,
- Event, Association of Corporate Counsel Wisconsin Chapter 2018 Annual Conference; Elkhart Lake, WI,
- Event, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- Event, Lodge Kohler; Green Bay, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- Chambers Global Practice Guide,
- Firm News, SmithAmundsen,
- 2021 Chambers Global Practice Guide on Trade Marks USA: Trends and Developments2021 Chambers Global Practice Guide on Trade Marks USA: Trends and Developments
Joe Heino, Erin Kaprelian and Sherry Coley contributed to the 5th edition of Trade Marks USA: Trends and Developments 2021, published by Chambers Global Practice Guide.
- Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListAmundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
Amundsen Davis is pleased to announce the inclusion of 22 attorneys on the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® and 2022 Wisconsin Rising Stars lists.
- A Trending Tool in Making M&A Faster and Less Risky: Reps and Warranty InsuranceA Trending Tool in Making M&A Faster and Less Risky: Reps and Warranty Insurance
Join Sherry Coley and Rob Macklin for a discuss on Representations and Warranties Insurance for both buyers and sellers.
- Small Business Bankruptcy: What Do You Need to Know?Small Business Bankruptcy: What Do You Need to Know?
After the last two years, dealing with bankruptcy issues is probably the lowest priority on any business owner’s mind. Perhaps you have been able to survive the unprecedented market trends and uncertainty, and now times look to be stabilizing. Having a basic understanding of what’s been called “Sub 5” or “Subchapter V” can help you navigate any surprises that may be coming ahead.